Monday, January 21, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr.


On Friday I taught my 1st grade students about Martin Luther King Junior. They loved learning about him! I shared Martin Luther's dream and had my students write about a dream that they have. Their responses were pretty great, so I thought I'd share a few.

Kid #1: I dream that everyone will play with everyone on the playground. 

Kid #2: I have a dream that people will be nice.

Kid #3: I dream that everyone will be an individual. 
I don't really know what he meant by this, but it made me chuckle. 

Kid #4: I dream that I will turn into a T-Rex! 
Ok, so he didn't quite get the type of dream I was meaning. But, it was a very first grade boy answer and made me laugh. 

Kid #5: I wish the world was happy and clean and safe.
Kid # 6: I dream that everything is peaceful.

Even my little first graders know that the world isn't perfect. They were so cute reading their dreams to the class. They genuinely wish for these things. Jesus is the only one who can truly bring peace and hapiness.


John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.




http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/CZS/getattachment/9485d135-04a6-42db-a306-3235c75566fb/Martin-Luther-King-Jr--Day-Celebration.aspx






No comments:

Post a Comment