Saturday, March 16, 2013

Admiration

When I was in college I volunteered with a ministry called The Third Story. Amy Beth is the missionary who founded this inner city ministry and she is someone I admire. I admire A.B because everything she does is  for the Lord. She loves the Lord and genuinely wants to help others. A.B. is one of the most selfless people I have ever met.

  I was privileged to work with A.B. one night a week for most of my college career. I helped with a ministry called Street Church. We would pick the kids up from their houses and bring them to the church. We would feed the kids dinner, teach them a Bible lesson, sing worship songs together, play games, and just have a fun time hanging out. Many of the kids came to know the Lord personally through the impact A.B. had on their lives.

 Amy Beth is a great writer. She writes to share stories of the families and children she works with. I always love reading her stories and thoughts. You can check out her writing by clicking on the link below. A.B. has deeply touched my life and I would urge you to check out her writing as it might have an impact on yours.

http://thethirdstory.org/t3spress/default.php

Me and Amy Beth ~ 2009



1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."

John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you…”

Deuteronomy 15:11 "For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land."






No comments:

Post a Comment